The Endava Google Cloud team is on a mission to help companies transform the way they deliver products to their customers. Working closely with the Google team, we are passionate about using our engineering skills to enable our customers to leverage the modern hyperscale technologies that are now available. We believe that cloud technology can help companies of all sizes and we want to help them on that journey from initial migration through to exciting greenfield development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the Endava Google team and help build out our rapidly expanding GCP business. This position will be based in London but international travel may be required. The potential and variety of the work that Endava is supporting with our clients are truly at the forefront of technology. Ideally, you will have Google Cloud Platform experience but if you are strong in other areas and want to pivot your career to the cloud then we will ensure you get that chance.
Our engineering team advises and implements best practices for our customers to increase their productivity and system reliability using Google Cloud and 3rd party tooling.
· Key member of cloud infrastructure engineering teams delivering hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions on client engagements and internal projects whilst supporting the team lead to steer solution design
· Provide thought leadership by authoring technical and opinionated blogs, articles, and whitepapers
· Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and determine suitability to improve client solution or bolster Endava offerings
· Balance best of breed technical implementation with the commercial/business schedule and work within budget imperatives
· Influence, engage, develop relationships with Endava internal and client technical teams
· Promote Endava services and identify client opportunities
· Support preparation of client RFP/RFI responses and client proposals
· The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban
Identify problems, and provide range of solutions
Maintain and expand deep cloud knowledge, industry trends, and best practices
The type of competencies and skills we look for:
· Certified in one or more cloud platforms: Google Cloud/Azure/AWS - Associate Cloud Engineer, Cloud Architect, Network and Security specializations preferred
· Applied knowledge of cloud infrastructure services: compute, storage, networking, hybrid connectivity, monitoring/logging, security, IAM and federated services
· Applied knowledge of traditional infrastructure services: compute, storage, networking, virtualization, IDAM, Linux/Windows administration, and Data Centre migrations.
· Applied knowledge of developing and delivering cloud infrastructure using Terraform, and Packer
· Applied knowledge of DevOps principles and tooling, GitOps, CI/CD, config management, source control systems and managing code with Git
· Applied knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Python, and Bash
· Applied knowledge of data serialization languages such as JSON and YAML
· Working knowledge of CSP managed Kubernetes (GKE/EKS/AKS) and service mesh solutions
· Conceptual understanding of:
Cloud data services
Cloud security principles and tooling
Cloud migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase
What we offer you:
You won’t have all the skills above - no one does. But we will help you fill in the gaps through training, mentoring and working on great projects in small and large teams.
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of like-minded individuals. You will be working closely with Google engineering and pre-sales teams with well-known clients. Endava prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange of ideas and encourages further individual development
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?