Major Incident Manager
- Minimizing business impact by driving the resolution of major incidents in the shortest time frame possible, either through the implementation of a workaround or permanent fix.
- Convening and chairing major incident bridge calls between all involved parties.
- Following the agreed MIM procedure
- Ensuring all resolver teams have a common understanding of the business impact and a sense of urgency
- Implementing a command-and-control approach to provide purpose and direction across all resolver teams, whether internal, client or 3rd
- Keeping key stakeholders informed of progress at the agreed frequency and through the agreed communication channels
- Ensuring that an accurate record of steps taken during a major incident is kept up to date.
- Conducting post major incident reviews and overseeing the creation of major incident reports
- Ensuring that the root cause of all major incidents is thoroughly understood and that a problem record is created.
- Actively drive the resolution of problems through the assignment and follow-up of agreed actions and process improvements.
- Provide periodic status updates on problem records to key stakeholders
- Actively input to the tooling strategy for monitoring and event management across all environments under support.
- Own the continuous improvement plan for major incident management for specific clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of working in IT operations environment with experience of ITIL incident management.
- Broad technical understanding industry standard technologies.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders in a confident and assertive manner while employing the highest levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to own the bridge call and effectively direct colleagues and 3rd parties via a matrix management structure.
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and analytical skills
- Strong judgement and decision-making ability
- Proven experience of presenting to senior level audiences, with proven ability to understand and translate technical information and issues into communications that can be easily understood.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (C1 level or better).
- Ability to work on-call rotation: support a 365x24x7 organization.
- ITSM certifications (ServiceNow/Cherwell)