- Prepare environments, tools and methods for Continuous Delivery and integration through the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines
- Provide support for software engineers working with Agile methodologies, working within the software development team and across collaborating teams.
- Share knowledge and promote the DevOps culture across development, testing and infrastructure teams
- Contribute to the CD and DevOps practices within Endava to share best practice and develop Endava’s capability
- Work on system improvements regarding application deployment and their configuration
- Communicate with clients through meetings framed on agile methodologies and daily technical work
- Support application releases and infrastructure changes like cloud migrations
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working as DevOps or similar roles. Exceptionally skilled candidates with a strong background in cloud, infrastructure, SDLC automation or similar might be considered.
- Grounding in the consequences of operational impact from software delivery
- Demonstrable experience of delivering IT transformation projects, working within an organization that has adopted the DevOps philosophy
- Strong experience of Continuous Integration/Delivery technologies, concepts, and tools, having worked within a software engineering environment
- Understanding of application deployment and release management best practices e.g. Blue/Green, Canary, Dark launch/feature-flagging
- Good experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC). Terraform is preferred
- Knowledge and practical experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack
- Experience managing or doing automation around infrastructure with at least one of Windows or Linux OS in customer facing environments.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure including public, private and hybrid cloud.
- Knowledge of networking including TCP/IP, DNS, and load balancing knowledge.
- Experience and knowledge of container technologies. Docker is preferred
- Understanding or experience working with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Nomad or cloud provider orchestrators.
- Knowledge of scripting, e.g., Bash shell scripting, Python, Windows PowerShell (DSC), VB etc.
- Good understanding of how to monitor a system (capture signals, visualize and analyze, incident management and troubleshooting)
- Experience running high availability systems and supporting infrastructure in customer-facing production environments
- Strong English skills (B2 or above)
- Experience working with software build tools such as Maven / MSBuild etc, Artefact repository managers such as Nexus / Artifactory, and web servers.
- Knowledge of security best practices for the entire SLDC process.
- OS packaging (RPMs, MSI), and other tools such as Vagrant or Packer
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools, e.g., Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity of testing frameworks and tools, e.g., BATS, ServerSpec
- Experience or knowledge of latest trends like DevSecOps, DataOps or MLOps
- Awareness of security organizations and benchmarks such as NSA and CIS.