This position is open for candidates across Serbia since we have offices in Beograd, Novi Sad, Kragujevac, Cacak, and Niš at your disposal for a future hybrid work model.
- You will identify and design databases, pipelines, data flows, and data models to ensure smooth business operations and improve processes
- You will participate in the logical and physical design of the product and understand the business requirements
- You will collaborate and develop with diverse perspectives bringing a fresh approach to solving problems
- You will solve complex technical problems that other team members may encounter, be an integral part of a Scrum team.
- You will be involved in a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts
- You will work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability
- Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy are required.
Qualifications and Experience
Match your profile:
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Cloud Technology (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience in Cloud SQL and NoSQL database (i.e. Snowflake, Azure SQL Database, MongoDB)
- Experience in Cloud ETL tools or data pipelines (i.e. Databricks, Azure Data factory, AWS Glue, Airflow, DBT)
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of DWH and BI design, tools, processes, and implementation approaches
- Knowledge of Data Modeling, data ingestion, and ETL design
- Good client-facing skills and ability to clearly communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good English language skills
The following skills would be a plus:
- Good appreciation of the modern software development lifecycle, CI/CD (i.e. Jenkins, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Octopus, Git)
- Experience in batch data processing and data pipelines
- Experience with big data technologies such as a Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience in real-time data processing, data ingestion, and analytics technologies
- Experience in BI tools (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview..)
Note: As a Data Engineer, your main goal is to be one step ahead of data scientists and analysts. You will support them by providing infrastructure and tools they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. This is more than building and maintaining ETL pipelines. We need innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on the client’s velocity.