You will be responsible for maintaining development and production environments, and all associated systems and processes.
DevOps Engineers are embedded in Software Development teams and participate in the software development life cycle in the same way as software developers.
• Proactively monitor and maintain production applications availability
• Championing the resolution of support tickets with a fix once, fix forever mentality
• Act as first-line responders to critical application/platform issues (E.g. Application availability, transaction failures)
• Triaging for application tickets/service incidents, identifying commonly known issues, and routing tickets that require further attention to relevant teams/3rd parties
• Collaborating with the team and others to resolve tickets, act as a point of contact for teams that require data, logs, configuration, info from the protected payment systems
• Ensure compliance to both PCI and IA standards, through patching and vulnerability management
• Maintain production service availability SLA’s
• Manage, monitor, and improve MTTF & MTTR of Production Applications
• Take part in a 24/7 on-call rotations
• Release new applications and application configuration to Preproduction and Production environments
• Identify areas of improvement with regards to recurring support requests and areas that can be automated
• Become a power user of Jira for the team to help in the analysis of support issues \ team activities
Essential Skills & Experience
• 3+ years working in a software development or web hosting environment including
• Experience with Jira or other bug tracking software
• Familiarity with working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Familiarity with supporting a java enterprise application and associated technologies such Apache Tomcat, JVM, FTP, curl, etc
• Knowledge of implementation and deployment of Java applications
• Strong adherence to process and procedure
• Troubleshooting skills and experience
• Good organizational and administration skills
• Experience of monitoring in 24 x 7 Web \ SaaS Environment
• Basic database experience a plus
• Having worked with Chef, Ansible or scripting such as Python would be a bonus
• Experience with Java applications
• Have used a version control system before such as bitbucket
• Strong team player with great interpersonal skills
• Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• High-level analysis, lateral thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication in English
Endava is reimagining the relationship between people and technology. For the past 20 years it has helped some of the world’s leading Finance, Insurance, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, and Retail companies accelerate their ability to take advantage of new business models and market opportunities. We have more than 6200 employees located in close to client locations in Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States and nearshore delivery centers in the EU: Romania, Bulgaria; Central European Countries: North Macedonia, Moldova and Serbia; Latin America: Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay and Venezuela.
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?