• Develop Endava environment strategy to minimize our environmental impacts.
• Oversee the ISO14001 certification process, supporting the development of the system in line with requirements of the standard.
• Conduct site assessments and produce reports on findings.
• Develop and execute strategies tailored to the software development industry, for energy consumption, resource conservation, recycling, transportation, etc.
• Proactively seek opportunities to work cross-functionally and collaboratively to share information and implement environmental improvement projects.
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities to follow environmental best practice and continually reduce impact of the company, managing these through to realization.
• Manage, monitor and review environmental performance quarterly/annually against KPIs, reporting results to senior stakeholders.
• Manage external assurance of environment and community data for inclusion in company reports.
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of all necessary environmental data and performance disclosures both internally and externally.
• Identify improvements and ensure corporate reporting is accurate, in line with legislative requirements and conforms to best practice.
• Act as environmental stakeholder in the company’s procurement team, driving environmental improvement through the supply chain in line with our targets.
• Liaise with client facing teams to manage detailed requests from clients on Endava’s performance and promote and develop opportunities to demonstrate Endava’s environmental knowledge and leadership with clients.
• Support with environmental communications; relevant award submissions, responding to external environmental disclosure requests, supporting client teams with complex PQQs, and promoting the environmental programs internally and externally.
• Support the implementation of our employee engagement strategy.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with environmental legislation.
• Effectively influence and manage multiple stakeholders across the company.
• Become the internal environmental expert with specialist environmental knowledge through CPD and internal and external networking.
• Liaise and share knowledge with Endavans as appropriate.
• Support ad hoc projects.
What will your role be?
The Sustainability Manager will lead the delivery of the environment strategy, working on a range of sustainability and environment issues, working with several teams including office and facilities managers, finance, and workplace across the Endava sites, worldwide.
This role requires strong team working and collaboration skills, comfort with complex data and information, strong employee engagement skills and above all a commitment to excellent delivery.
• 2-5 years’ experience in an Environment or Sustainability role.
• Degree qualified, ideally to include an environmental element.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, delivering high quality work on time and to budget.
• Experience of handling complex data sheets and good analytical and numeracy skills.
• Understands the views of others, anticipating, listening and addressing any concerns.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate assertively with internal stakeholders in writing and in person and a wide range of external contacts.
• Acts with integrity and upholds all of Endava’s values - A team player, who can work in collaboration and is enthusiastic and supportive.
• Willingness to travel.
• Environmental qualifications
• Experience of staff engagement on environmental issues
• Experience in managing ISO14001 certification process.
• Experience of providing statistical analysis and performance reporting on environmental KPIs.
• Experience of preparing environmental information for annual report and internal reporting systems.
• Work life balance
• Fast-paced international environment
• Discover multiple career development opportunities
• Access tools that drive continuous learning
• Additional holidays
• Meal tickets
• Private Medical Care
• Special Discounts and Offers
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?