As a Data Engineer in Endava, you will:
- Take part in all application development lifecycle phase;
- Participate in logical and physical design of the product and understand the business requirements;
- Solve complex technical problems that other team members may encounter
- Propose solutions for the cloud-based architecture and deployment flow;
- Design and build processes, data transformation and metadata that will meet business requirements and platform needs;
- Design and propose solutions for the Relational and Dimensional Model based on platform capabilities;
- Be proficient in developing, maintaining, testing, and evaluating big data solutions;
- Focus on the production status and data quality of the data environment;
- Pioneer initiatives around data quality, integrity, and security;
- Exhibit strong analytical skills related to working with structured and unstructured data sets.
- Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy is required.
- Offer support to junior team members
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking to expand our team with open, thoughtful and adaptable colleagues who have 5+ years of working experience with the following:
- Understanding the business processes that drive data into the systems and has the knowledge to act as a subject matter expert
- Investigating data sources, understanding and documenting data behaviour
- Modelling and designing target databases (Data warehouse, Data Marts)
- Developing ETL programs with scripts, packages, mappings, testing
- Designing and developing different kind of reports such as analysis reports, ad hoc and standard reports
- Performing unit testing and cross-functional testing
- Train user and power user to create reports, dashboards based on provided data models.
Project experience with the following technologies and tools:
- Cloud data specific services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Reporting and analytics: Power BI, Tableau suite, etc.