• Work closely with product owner and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined when evaluating and testing new versions
• Ability to define performance, resiliency, related design guidance and share with application teams to ensure adherence to application engineering guidelines, processes and procedures – with focus on performance, latency optimizations, and efficient re-architecture or modernization of backend systems
• Define all aspects of Service Level Objective management to gather, analyze telemetry, logs and provide recommendations and remediation for service proactively while ensuring all Service Level Indicators are in line with expectations
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and security requirements
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code for core API features like token handling
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Hands-on Java Development experience
• Working experience in designing and developing Java based web API products
• Solid understanding of design, development, and configuration of APIs in multiple formats such as REST, SOAP, messaging – Kafka, MQ) and policies using API Gateways / Management products
• API Testing – unit, functional, performance, capacity, and latency analysis
• Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and certificates. The candidate should be familiar with using certificates for message signing and mutual TLS – and how to manage the security aspects around architecture to drive performance improvements and stability
As a API engineer, you will be designing our critical banking APIs using data streaming and data lake concepts (Kafka and Hadoop) and leverage modern API tooling and practices. This is an ambitious agenda to contribute to the API vision and set the direction in several areas.
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?