Work on a highly scalable, multi-tenant cloud device management service that enables service providers to support millions of voice devices. The service simplifies customer phone setup, as well as monitoring and troubleshooting (fetching logs and changing log levels, info dumps, remote PCAP, alert thresholds…) from within the web portal.
The solution is developed in PHP and uses MySQL to store and retrieve data. We are looking for an experienced DB performance specialist in order to optimize performance and migrate to MySQL 8.0
• Gathering and analysing requirements
• MySQL performance analysis and optimization
• Writing tested, idiomatic, and documented code
• Estimating tasks and participating in team daily sync-ups
• Daily communication with the client through e-mails, conf calls, IM, etc.
• Collaborating with QA engineering team to ensure the delivered code meets client's standards
• Very good knowledge of DB performance optimization
• 10 years DBA experience
• 5 years optimization experience of standalone installation of MySQL 5.x (table, query, and disk I/O)
• Experience migrating MySQL from 5.5 to 5.6/5.7 and 8.0
• Strong analytical skills, systematic approach, and self-reliant in fulfilling daily duties
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
The following skills would be a plus:
• AWS RDS experience (goal is to migrate to RDS in the future)
• Understanding of complete product development cycle
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Flexible working hours
• Employee stock options
• Private health insurance?
• Company sponsored trainings, domestic and international conferences, workshops and education
• English classes
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?