The day-to-day activities will include:
• Supporting pre-sales and 'pitch' activity by providing technical and solution expertise to the sales team and participating in sales calls to clients
• Actively crafting scope, requirements, technical details and staffing of projects
• Developing architectural solutions in collaboration with clients. Reviewing and validating solutions produced by clients, providing the appropriate balance of support and challenge.
• Coding PoCs and contributing to MVP solutions
• Working with Endava teams on design and estimation tasks
• Mentoring delivery teams to improve their technical ability and processes
• Contributing to Endava's knowledge base in emerging technology areas such as IoT, Augmented Reality, Blockchain systems, bot-based solutions, machine-learning or other emerging technology trends
The essential experience to succeed in this role:
• 10+ years of experience in delivering quality software solutions
• Outstanding client-facing communications skills, both written and verbal
• Very strong functional and technical analysis skills
• Experience in consultative and pre-sales efforts, and shaping and running client engagements from a technical perspective
• Exposure to a broad range of architectural patterns and styles, including proficiency in microservices and/or event-driven approaches
• Experience architecting public cloud solutions
• Desire to continue learning about new technologies, patterns and styles
• Knowledge of database architectures, data modeling, SQL and NoSQL approaches
• Ability to conduct in-depth design reviews of large systems
• Experience working in Agile delivery projects, programs and engagements
• Understanding of DevOps culture, practices and tools
The highly regarded and desirable experiences are:
• Advanced degree in computer science or related field
• Experience in modernizing legacy architectures
• In-depth AWS, Azure or GCP expertise
• Experience with hybrid cloud or serverless architectures
• Exposure to nearshore/offshore development
• In-depth knowledge of one or more complex technical domains, including Service Mesh, Distributed Cache Solutions, Streaming Data, Master Data Management, Machine Learning, Big Data, Container Orchestration, Data Mesh, Augmented Reality, Internet of Things, etc.
• Wide exposure to a variety of programming languages (Go, Rust, Ruby, Python, etc).
• Public speaking experience
• Payments industry experience would be desirable
This role is perfect for someone who’s a self-starter, who finds their satisfaction and happiness in delivering high-quality solutions to complex problems and who is equally comfortable in code repositories as they are in front of a white board with management teams.
Come on board for the ride of a lifetime, experience new ways of working, fresh approaches and a brilliant team who are keen to meet you.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have the determination, however you don't meet every single point in this ad, please still get in touch we’d love to talk to you.
As we grow our operations here in Australia, two new positions for Solution Architects have been crafted. These are roles for multifaceted and experienced technical leaders with outstanding client-facing skills.
As a Senior Architect in the team, you will be taking an active technical leadership role on projects to deliver solutions to our clients and be heavily involved in pre-sales efforts and in mentoring Endava technical staff.
Essentially, we’re hiring great people with the following profile:
1. Client-facing & business development skills.
2. Experience in taking a business goal through solution design and working software
3. Creative problem-solving ability.
Our Solution Architects must be confident in engaging in a range of conversations with senior client management and staff, can lead discussions and workshops, have the technical ability to both architect and design complex enterprise solutions, and have the technical experience to specify future potential architectures.
You will also provide a key role in growing our existing client accounts by identifying new opportunities to strengthen and extend the Endava partnership.
OFFER AND BENEFITS:
• Opportunity to work in a Global Organization
• Career Development opportunities
• Work/Life benefits
• Travel opportunities
• Competitive salary package
• Robust benefits package
• Training opportunities
Endava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Endava does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?